Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tepic, Mexico (September 1-8)

The next stop on our tour was Tepic, Mexico...when I received my allocation form my first response was one of frustration because I found out that I was being hosted alone for the second week in a row! After meeting my family and only spending a couple of hours with them though...I knew that it was going to be an amazing week! My host mom Gabriella and my host dad Pablo are absolutely wonderful people! My first night in Tepic they brought me out to dinner to a cute restaurant and I had one of the best chicken sandwiches I have ever had. After going out to eat they brought me to their house where I had welcome balloons waiting for me in my room!!




One of my favorite parts of the week was the mini promotional show that we did at the Nissan Dealership. We were able to promote for the mini show as well as our main show my standing in the streets singing and handing out flyers to cars as they were driving by. We must have sung the song "Up With People" about 25 times but it was still a lot of fun!!! Below are some pictures from the day...






One of our CI (community impact) projects for the week was helping out baby sea turtles and their habitats. So we went to the beach and some members of the cast worked with the sea turtles while the rest cleaned up trash on the beach!! After we were finished with the sea turtles and picking up trash, we were joined by some local university students who had set up some games for us to play. One of the games was a three legged race. I teamed up with one of the students from the local University and little did I know, there were going to be some new rules. We were told that in order to win you had to be the first team to run to the other end of the area, up the stairs, back and jump into the pool. My teammate and I worked extremely well together and were the first ones to arrive at the pool..I didn't think that he was going to jump in we were both fully clothed. Well, he jumped in and I tried to keep myself out of the pool even though our legs were still attached, an UWP staff member came up behind me and pushed me in clothes and all. After all of the excitement we ended up winning the race!!





On our host family day in Tepic, we went to the beach. My host brother and I went on an ATV ride and I even had the opportunity to drive it!! Even though as some points during the day it was down pouring, it was still a lot of fun...and it doesn't matter if you get wet if you are already in the water!! There are a few pictures below from the adventure!!





One of the most amazing parts of the week was my "Mexican Experience!" My host brother Pablo and his friend, took Milou and I on our own "Mexican Experience!" We were able to hear a Mexican band play and dance in the street as well as go to an overlook looking over the entire city! The pictures below are from our "Mexican Experience!"



2 comments:

BOING said...

What thing that u catch??
it's seems scary, isnt it?
but it seems fun...
^^


~lamechop-boing.blogspot.com~

Moon said...

It seems it was a nice trip, congratulations!!!