Friday, October 10, 2008

Hermosillo, Mexico (September 15-22)

Our arrival day in Hermosillo was absolutely amazing. We arrived into town on the Mexican Independence Day and were invited to the governors reception. We were able to meet the governor, watch mexican dancers perform and see fireworks!





My host family code was Genio and they had a large posterboard with a Genie on it waiting for me!! After meeting my family, I found out that I had 3 host brothers and 1 sister. We had sooo much fun together...whether it was going to starbucks, bowling, out to dinner or just hanging out at home! Here are some pictures of me and my family in Hermosillo!!!










My host brother Hector and my host sister Ana spent an afternoon with the cast. They helped out us out with our CI project of fixing up a basketball court and were able to watch our BTS.






Since it's extremely hot in Hermosillo, we were told that we weren't allowed to set-up the equipment after 11am...so a group of us were on super set-up and went to set-up the stage at 5am. Below are some pictures from our bright and early morning setting up.




On regional learning day we went to a beach resort and met another governor from Mexico. We were also able to go on a tour of the town I was able to go on a kayak ride and spend some time in the pool...it was an absolutely gorgeous day! Below is a slideshow of pictures from the day!

No comments: