Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cabo, Mexico (August 25-September 1)

Cabo was the first city of the tour that I was in a host family by myself. My host parents spoke absolutely no English at all and I speak barely any Spanish so it was definitely hard communicating with one another. The first night in Cabo they brought me to a restaurant and I had an amazing potato...



One of the places that we visited on our regional learning day was a ranch. We were able to take a walk to a beautiful waterfall as well as eat the most amazing mangos!!!!





We also had the opportunity to go on a dinner cruise. It was absolutely amazing. Below is a slideshow of pictures from the evening...


I happened to have my birthday while we were in Cabo and my family prepared a special meal. We ate tamalles, they sang to me Happy Birthday in English and Spanish and we ate chocolate cake (my favorite)!!!





In Cabo we also painted the baseball stadium that we performed at. We repainted the inside and outside green with the help of some teenagers from the community. We were also able to interact with them by playing some games.





On host family day we went to the beach. The waves were a lot of fun to play in and the scenery was absolutely gorgeous!


No comments: